EDIT: Totally forgot a movie I need to review. Added it to the top of the list.
Alright, so I'm not going to talk about the movies coming out this weekend and which ones I want to see, etc. To get that out of the way now, I want to see both Fast & Furious and Adventureland. But I'm going to see the former tomorrow, because not only do I think it's pretty awesome myself, but my sister wouldn't have taken no for an answer anyway.
So my pre-emptive strike here is to let everybody know what I've been up to lately and what you can expect within the coming month. I haven't posted very often lately, but that doesn't mean I haven't been watching movies. In fact, I've been watching quite a few, and I owe you guys tons of reviews. So on top of tomorrow's Fast & Furious review (which will probably be posted up either within the last hour of the day or the early hours of Saturday morning), you'll be getting numerous others... and possibly even a new round of the new quote game.
So what reviews can you be expecting soon? Well, at least in some form or fashion, you will be seeing the following movies/documentaries/TV shows reviewed by me, most likely within this month:
- 16 Blocks, the movie where Bruce Willis plays a down-and-out, nearly retired version of John McClane, and Mos Def makes one of the worst acting choices in history by trying to sound like a mentally handicapped, nasally Elmo.
- Daywatch, the sequel to Nightwatch (not the crappy Ewan McGregor movie, but the Russian mindfuck movie).
- How to Lose Friends & Alienate People... how much does my love of Simon Pegg extend?
- Funny Games, the US remake, not the original... though I hear there's not much of a difference. I'm not sure if that's a good thing.
- Special, an upliftingly depressing film about a loser who starts getting superpowers. But not really.
- Dragonball Z: Season One... with the movie coming to a theater near you in about a week, and coming to your computer about 2-3 weeks ago, along with a slew of 'worst movie ever made' reviews, I decided to give in to nostalgia and start rewatching the series I had once been addicted to many years ago.
- In the Mouth of Madness, the movie that shows us what would happen if Stephen King had the insane fanbase of JK Rowling (see: next), disappeared from existence, and then had John Carpenter make a movie about it.
- We Are Wizards, a documentary about the Harry Potter fandom and how you shouldn't fuck with them.
- This Film Is Not Yet Rated, a documentary about good filmmakers and how you shouldn't fuck with them.
- Death Note & Death Note II: The Last Name, two live action movies based on the amazing anime (and manga) series. But do they live up to the original(s)?
- Son of Rambow, a movie I watched and reviewed ages ago but have yet to post it up. At this rate, it'll get posted by the time they make a sequel to it with the same actors, but far past their prime.
- Sex Drive, a film I have yet to see, but will hopefully arrive via Netflix in a couple days.
- Confessions of a Superhero... see the status of 'Sex Drive', the plot of 'Special', and the quips in my notes on the aforementioned 'documentaries'.
And... that's about it. Like I said, I owe y'all a lot. I better get crackin', huh?